Fishing for the Universe

See allHide authors and affiliations

Science  26 Mar 2010:
Vol. 327, Issue 5973, pp. 1582-1583
DOI: 10.1126/science.1187972

You are currently viewing the summary.

View Full Text

Log in to view the full text

Log in through your institution

Log in through your institution


It is a sobering fact that of all the matter in the universe, only 17% is made of particles we know (1). Little is actually known about the remaining 83%, but we do have a name for it—dark matter. On page 1619 of this issue, the Cryogenic Dark Matter Search (CDMS II) Collaboration (2) presents tantalizing results from their recent experimental run that may provide an answer soon to the question of what all that dark matter is made from.